What is Grinding?
A grinding machine, often shortened to grinder, is one of power tools or machine tools used for grinding, it is a type of machining using an abrasive wheel as the cutting tool. Each grain of abrasive on the wheel’s surface cuts a small chip from the workpiece via shear deformation.
What are the Different Types of Grinding Processes?
What are the Advantages of Grinding?
- Long Runs. CNC grinding machines can run at all times and only stop for maintenance work.
- Large Batches. the 24/7 abilities of the grinding machines allow fulfillment for customers at all times..
- Highly Accurate. The CNC nature of the program allows for dialing in tight tolerances without error.
- Intricate Geometry. 5-axis DED models can produce complicated geometries without support.
What are the Limitations of Grinding?
- Part Size. While technologies are always changing, grinding machines feature a limited build space compared to other CNC machines.
5000mm x 2000mm x 1300mm
Minimum Wall Thickness
Grinding is an established technology in the machining space gaining popularity with CNC iterations that bring high fidelity manufacturing to the once “manual-only” process . Consider submitting an RFQ through manufacturing services such as ProdEX to get started today.